At Rainy City Midwifery we believe that midwives and their clients have the opportunity to effect change in the world, one birth at a time. Informed parents, gentle birth practices, unmedicated mothers and babies, continuous contact and early breastfeeding can all have a lasting impact on the life and health of the family.
- Birth is a normal part of reproductive life. Respect for the normal process of pregnancy and birth is the cornerstone of midwifery care.
- Most births are most appropriately handled by midwives.
- Every family deserves a midwife.
- Birth should be a family centered experience, encompassing each client’s unique beliefs and need for a safe and satisfying birth experience.
- Mutual trust and respect develops organically through the flow of information between midwife and client.